- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
1/2 cup Gorganzola
1 cup Heavy Cream
3 ea Egg Yolks
coarsely ground black pepper
1. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine 3/4 of the Gorganzola, cream, salt.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
3. Add reserve ¼ of the Gorganzola
4. Incorpate well still leaving a few chunks
5. Lightly beat egg yolks in a large bowl
6. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup warm cream mixture to temper yolks
7. Slowly whisk in remaining cream.
8. Divide mixture into ramekins, place them in a Hotel pan, and fill dish with enough hot water to come halfway up side of ramekins.
9. Cover with foil
10. Bake until sformati are just set, about 45 minutes. Remove from water bath and allow to cool
11. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or fruit and a drizzle of good balsamic.